As if skin blemishes on the face or back weren't annoying enough - no, now we also have to deal with pimples in the intimate area. Thanks for nothing! Vulvar acne is not a new trend and can even be quite painful at times.
However, there is hope. We will clarify and tell you the best tips and tricks on what you can do against pimples in the intimate area.
Pimples in the intimate area are completely normal and nothing to be ashamed of.
There are some home remedies that can help.
But the first rule is - hands off!
Now new: Our extra strong lace.
Our extra absorbent, extra sexy period panty as a sustainable alternative to tampons .
Table of contents
1. Why do I have pimples in my intimate area?
Is it itchy and burning underneath? This is not only quite uncomfortable, just like on the face, pimples in the intimate area are also found to be very annoying. Still, it's absolutely nothing unusual. The reason for this is often excessive sebum production . The glands can become clogged, come into contact with bacteria and whoops – skin blemishes become noticeable.
But even intimate shaving can lead to unsightly razor burn and thus to red pustules and small pimples. Even ingrown hairs can become infected and a painful consequence of hygiene down there. Our safety razor ensures a gentle shave and prevents razor bumps.
However, if pimples appear in your intimate area after (unprotected) sex , there is a possibility that it could be an STD. Of course it doesn't have to be! If you have any suspicions (especially because the pustules are still yellow), a trip to the gyn is unavoidable. In rare cases, pimples in the intimate area can be a sign of syphilis, genital herpes and yeast infections.
Whether it's a pimple in the intimate area or not - your mumu is simply a sensitive little one and should definitely be packed in cotton wool.
Not only with panties, but especially with your period products! But please the good variant made of 100% organic cotton, without chemicals and without plastic. Just like our period panties or organic tampons! Organic cotton is simply great, especially for sensitive skin. As always, prevention is worth its weight in gold here! You should play it safe, especially in the intimate area.
We think so too, which is why we have a large selection of products made from certified and clinically tested organic cotton. Hypoallergenic and perfect for preventing skin irritation and pimples! Just check it out.
2. Pimples filled with blood
A blood-filled pimple in the genital area should definitely be observed . Of course, in such a case, it can just be a harmless inflammation that goes away on its own. A furuncle can also develop here just as well.
These giant pimples are extremely painful and can even lead to blood poisoning. The red, purulent knots are one to two centimeters in size and form when bacteria inflame a hair follicle and the surrounding skin. The rule here is: hands off and off to the doctor!
3. White pimples
Yup. White pimples in the intimate area are usually absolutely harmless. These are often so-called sebum knots. These are – as the name suggests – white pimples filled with sebum. Surprise! Surprise!
4. Which home remedies help?
You should only use home remedies in the intimate area if the pimple is not directly on your vagina. Otherwise, hands off! Your doctor can help here. If you have skin blemishes on your labia, please do not express them yourself. Even if it's difficult - we know.
Instead , use home remedies that have both a disinfecting and anti-inflammatory effect :
- The classic: baby powder . You can use it to prevent skin irritation after shaving. Zinc cream is also ideal for pimples in the intimate area - it has a disinfecting effect and "squeezes" the pimple, so to speak.
- Aloe vera, on the other hand, is very gentle on the skin and relieves unpleasant itching thanks to its cooling effect.
- You should be very careful with tea tree oil . The remedy can dry out the pimple, but you should apply it with a Q-tip (otherwise it hurts like hell).
- Warm water and a mild washing lotion avoid skin irritation caused by aggressive shower gel.
- Please also change your towels regularly! This means that no bacteria can get into your intimate area in the first place. If you have sensitive skin, you should generally avoid underwear made of synthetic fabrics - your mumu cannot breathe properly, which promotes perspiration and thus pimples. Better: underwear made of breathable cotton .